Bali is one of the world's most celebrated holiday locations. A popular island for international travellers of all types and ages, it is the most well known of Indonesia's islands and remains the number one tourist destination in the archipelago.
With a combination of diverse landscapes, spectacular beaches, beautiful architecture, friendly, inviting people, and everyday life steeped in a unique culture it is no surprise Bali remains a favourite.
- The population of Bali is a little over 4 million.
- Balinese Hinduism is the most common religion practised by approximately 85% of the population, followed by Muslim (10%) and other denominations. The very soul of Bali is rooted in religion and spirituality and is expressed in art forms and skills that have been passionately preserved over the centuries. Bali's form of Hinduism called Hindu Dharma is unique to the island.
- The official language is Bahasa Indonesian. Secondary language is English. Balinese is also widely spoken on the island by the local people.
- The provincial capital Denpasar is at the southern end of the island.
- The southern region of Bali is home to the majority of the most popular holiday destinations and all of these are in easy reach by taxi from - Bali's International Airport - Ngurah Rai Airport.